Consider your findings on the similarities and differences mentioned earlier and what it might suggest about differences between the subjects’ cultures.. Write a 750-1,000 word essay which adequately address the topic and requirements stated below.
Step 1: Select a topic from the list below and include this topic on your title page.
- Ancient Male Rulers: Select any two (2) of these rulers: Ramses II, Shihuangdi, Constantine, Ashoka, Pericles, or Charlemagne. Select rulers from different cultures.
- Ancient Female Rulers: Compare the Tang Empress Wu Zetian (also known as Empress Wu or as Wu Zhao; ruled China around 690-705 AD) with either the Pharaoh Cleopatra (ruled Egypt around 51-31 BC) or the Pharaoh Hatshepsut (ruled Egypt around 1478-1458 BC).
Step 2: In your first paragraph, establish a clear thesis about your chosen subjects that addresses:
- Who or what you are comparing
- The dates covered for each
- 3-4 sentences on the reason for your choice
Step 3: Using reasonable and scholarly resources:
- Compare 2 ways your choices are similar
- Compare 2 ways your choices are different
Step 4: Consider your findings on the similarities and differences mentioned earlier and what it might suggest about differences between the subjects’ cultures. Using reasonable and scholarly resources:
- Compare 3 ways your choices’ cultures are different
Step 5: Using reasonable and scholarly resources:
- Suggest a modern day example of your first choice, and provide a rationale for your suggestion
- Suggest a modern day example of your second choice, and provide a rationale for your suggestion
- For Male rulers….Which President of f U.S, which Governor, Senator, Mayor reminds you of each person you have chosen… your dad or granddad, uncle, brother, etc
- For Female Rulers….Which First lady, Lady Governor, Lady Senator, Lady Mayor reminds you of your choices.. Grandmother, Mother, Aunt, etc
Step 6: In a concluding paragraph, summarize 2 things you learned that in some way ties together with your original thesis.
Step 7: Include a reference area that identifies at least 3 references. The class text may be included in the list of 3 or more. In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source. (i.e., STEPS 3, 4, and 5 above)