Cybercrime at a Health Insurance Organization
Cybercrime and information security breaches are a hot topic in the news today. When interacting with organizations, consumers are concerned with the privacy and security of the information they provide. Recent news reports show serious security breaches, sabotage, and even theft has occurred in both private and government institutions.
Write a paper analyzing a recent cybercrime or security breach at a health insurance organization as reported by a reputable news source.
- Describe the organization’s background.
- Explain the nature of the cybercrime that occurred.
- Describe methods and tools potentially used to investigate the cybercrime, particularly analysis, validation, and acquisition.
- Analyze and describe details about the impact of the cybercrime including financial losses, number of individuals affected, and the effect on the reputation of the organization.
- Analyze the organization’s incident response and if the incident was handled in an appropriate manner.
Your paper must meet the following requirements:
- 5-6 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
- Include an introduction, a body with fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Be clearly and well written using excellent grammar and style techniques. Be concise. Be logical.
- Support your paper with at least two peer-reviewed, scholarly references.