Compare the historical accounts above to what you have learned about the Mau Mau Rebellion and state of emergency in Kenya during the 1950s.
- How do these histories differ in their selection of events and evidence?
- What was each author’s purpose in telling the history their way?
- Which of these four readings is the most objective and why?
Submit a 300-400 word original essay responding to the questions above. Please number each of your responses. Use direct quotes from the readings above as well as any other resources, including videos, related to Mau Mau Rebellion in this module. Use proper in-text citations (with the author’s name in parentheses).
- 10 points – The essay is 300 to 400 words and has a proper formatting with each response following the corresponding question
- 5 points – The essay includes direct quotes from the readings and a has a proper in-text citations
- 5 points – The essay is written in a clear language with no spelling or grammatical errors