How was slavery a motivating factor for both northerners and southerners to fight in the Civil War?. Chose one of the three essay topics and respond to it
• 3 pages double spaced, Times New Roman font size 12. Any other font/size will result in loosing points. Please use Microsoft word. If you are unable to use Microsoft word, you can convert the document into a PDF file. Only word and PDF files are viewable through D2L.
• Quotes from the book should be cited in parenthetical style at the end of the sentence:
“FDR wasn’t always the most beloved president in America” (Brinkley, p.17).
(Author, pg. #).
• Keep citations consistent throughout the entire paper
• Be conscious of the amount of direct citation that you use. No more than two sentences of direct quotation per citation. If you over cite the book you will be deducted points. There is also never a reason to imbed an entire block of direct citation into your essay. I want to hear your voice in the book essay
• Each book essay has to have a cover page with your name, the date and the question # that you responded to. Failure to provide a cover page or an essay number will result in points being deducted.
• There is no need for a header of any sorts on your first page of text. That is why you attached a cover sheet. Your first page of text should begin indented at the top of the page.
• Anything less than 3 full pages of text will result in significant points being deducted
• Since you are only citing one source, there is no need for a bibliography
• Please be sure to fully answer the question for which you are responding to
• Please proof read your paper
• All papers are checked for plagiarism with turnitin.com
• Plagiarism will result in a zero
1. Using specific examples from the book, discuss the major reasons the book gives for why the northerners and southerners fought in the Civil War.
2. How was slavery a motivating factor for both northerners and southerners to fight in the Civil War? Please use specific examples from the book
3. How did this book change your views of the Civil War? Please use specific examples from the book