How would you characterize the various responses to the war illustrated in these pieces?. Your case study this week examines the experiences of a wide variety of women during the American Revolution. Again, your case study provides an introduction to the materials and then links to various primary sources.
Link To Case Study: http://americainclass.org/sources/makingrevolution/war/text7/text7.htm
You will again be discussing the case study in a small group.
In your small group, you should consider the following questions:
- How would you characterize the various responses to the war illustrated in these pieces?
- How did the woman’s perspective shape each account?
- How did the war place women in new social roles?
- Post initial response by Thursday at 11:50 PM
- Post responses to at least two classmates by Friday at 11:50 PM
Grading: Your discussion will be graded based on your level of participation (each of you should initiate at least one post and reply to at least two posts), but also the quality of your postings. The best postings are clear and well-written, make direct reference to the readings and primary sources, and help to open discussion with other classmates.
Each discussion is worth 4 points. You will get 1 point for your initial post and 1 point for your two replies. If your initial post and replies meet the expectations for quality as defined above, your post will receive up to an additional two points.