Review the video of the persuasive speech that you delivered in Unit 3 as well as the feedback that you have received..
- Review the video of the persuasive speech that you delivered in Unit 3 as well as the feedback that you have received.
- Take notes as you review the video and the feedback, considering edits that you should make to your speech.
- Based on your notes, revise your speech, adjusting the content, language, and approach to delivery as needed.
- Think of an effective way to incorporate at least one visual aid that will be relevant to your purpose and message and will enhance your speech.
- Create a new set of notes or bullet points that you can refer to while filming your speech.
- Practice presenting your speech, focusing on your voice, your nonverbal communication, and your use of one or more visual aids. Aim for a speech 3-5 minutes in length.
- Before filming, review the rubric to ensure that you understand how you will be evaluated.
- Film yourself presenting the speech. Be sure that you can be easily seen and heard, and direct your speech to the camera.
- Review your video, be sure that you can be easily seen and heard, and that you have directed your speech to the camera. Refilm as needed.
- Review the checklist and requirements to ensure that your Touchstone is complete.
- Upload your video using the blue button at the top of this page.
_ I have reviewed my Unit 3 speech.
_ I have read all of the feedback that I received on my Unit 3 speech.
_ I have incorporated the feedback to improve my speech.
_ I have filmed a video of myself presenting my speech.
_ I incorporated at least one visual aid in my speech.
_ The video of my speech is 3 to 5 minutes in length.
_ I have reviewed the video and I can be easily heard and seen.
_ In my speech, I am focused on connecting with the audience, only looking at my notes occasionally.
_ I have adhered to all the requirements.
_ I have read through the rubric and I understand how my Touchstone will be evaluated.
- All video content must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Speech must be original and written for this assignment; plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Video is 3 to 5 minutes in length.
- Your video submission should include your name and the date.