subject of one of the first biographies by James Boswell. Johnson overcame numerous illnesses and handicaps. . Reading selection from Samuel Johnson within the current text 21.12 from The Rambler (the essay found here http://www.johnsonessays.com/the-idler/sufficiency-english-language/).
Johnson was the editor of two coffeehouse magazines, The Rambler (1750–52) and The Idler (1758–60), and the author of Dictionary of the English Language, and subject of one of the first biographies by James Boswell. Johnson overcame numerous illnesses and handicaps.
For this Assignment Please see below:
The required assignment length (350 words minimum).
For the reading selection and topic you choose, your paper should cover the following:
You must use the class text and also any source(s) identified (with links) above for the topic you choose, focusing on the main primary source of that author.
- Briefly introduce the writer and the situation that this reading is about. Identify the genre or nature of the reading. (Who is the author? Why did he or she write this piece?)
- Using specific examples or lines within the reading, suggest the author’s key views and key aims for the reading audience. (Give a 1-2 paragraph summary of ideas.)
- Evaluate the author’s strategy and what you see as the work’s likely effectiveness (or lack of effectiveness) for the target audience. If there is any known historical result, discuss that. (Look at the writing style and discuss who would read this.)
- Evaluate how the reading impacted you. Identify any analogous situations today, and also key lessons you get from the reading that could be relevant to one’s professional and personal life. (How did you like this? How do the ideas relate to situations today?)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The cover page and the source list are not included in the required assignment length (350 words minimum).
- You must use the class text and also any source(s) identified (with links) above for the topic you choose, focusing on the main primary source of that author. If you use any additional source (optional), it must be from the university’s online library and of good academic quality for college work.