What are some of your earliest memories participating in your religion?. What are some of your earliest memories participating in your religion?
Compassionate Listening session analysis
During the semester, you will arrange to sit and listen to someone tell you about their personal experiences as a member of another religion (not your own). The idea is to get the “insider” perspective of a real person who can share with you, one-on-one, about their feelings, experiences, memories, and perspective. You then write an analysis of the listening session, with a focus on your own learning and insight.
1. Identify someone from a religion different from your own.
2. Set up a time to sit together without distractions
3. Conduct a “Compassionate Listening” session (using questions or freeform)
4. Take notes on your experience (reflect on your results)
5. Turn in a report via Canvas.
Examples of questions:
What was it like for you as a child to be a member of this religion?
How do you feel about other people’s reactions to you as a member of your religion?
What are some of your earliest memories participating in your religion?
Are there any friends or family members who especially affected you in your religion?
What is a strength of yours that has helped you get thr