Why higher variability in trading volume results in lower expected returns.. [ad_1]
Research Proposals – Select two topics, and prepare ONE (1) short research proposal on each of the two topics selected, of no more than 800 words each, to be selected from any of the following topics.
List of topics for research proposals:
1. Do macroeconomic factors affect the choice of debt /equity financing? How are small firms affected?
2. Can behavioural finance theories highlight investment decisions of investors in challenging environments?
3. Why higher variability in trading volume results in lower expected returns.
4. Impact of financial crisis affect earning management practices for developing country
5. Firms’ dividend policies and its performance.
Content of the research proposal
1. Overview of the topic (explain the topic and present the main issues)
2. Research questions (at least 5 research questions that you think are worth investigating – research questions are those that seek to test a research hypothesis that can add to existing body of knowledge on the subject and are not fact finding journalistic missions.
3. Data required to answer any one question (identify the data requirement – which countries or markets or companies, sample size, sample period, variables to be studied — and source of this data).
4. Proposed methodology (propose a suitable quantitative methodology for the analysis e.g. for linear regression specify what are the dependent and independent variables).
5. References (present the list of only those references that were cited in the proposal at least 5 would be sufficient. Use Harvard style of referencing.
Other Specific Instructions for this Assignment
Assessment will be based on analysis and supporting arguments. Identified use of another student’s work, including copying of same, will incur an immediate failure.
1. Please refer and implement the format guideline below for this assignment:
2. For the cover page, include the below phrase in italic font size 10: